I haven't really shared a recipe yet on my blog. Fresh strawberry pie is a favorite at our home this time of year. I have even made this pie for teacher appreciation gifts baked in a nice stoneware pie plate for the teacher to keep. So, I hope you all think this is the BEST strawberry pie, just like my family. It is super easy and you only need a few ingredients!
I made two pies today, so I just doubled everything.
2 quarts fresh strawberries
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
4 oz. cream cheese
homemade or refrigerator pie crust from the grocery
1. Prepare your pie crusts. Flute edges, pierce the crust with a fork to prevent bubbling, and bake in oven for the amount of time for a single crust pie.
2. Let the baked crust cool for about ten minutes. Carefully spread the cream cheese onto the sides and bottom of the baked crust.
3. Wash, hull, and cut strawberries in half. Reserve 1 cup strawberries. Layer the remaining berries in the pie crust.
4. In a medium saucepan, mix together 1 cup strawberries and 2/3 cup water. Simmer for four minutes. In a separate container with a lid, mix together 1 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons cornstarch, and 1/3 cup water. I shake it up thoroughly so all three ingredients mix together. Add the mixture to the simmered strawberries and water and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute until it thickens to a strawberry glaze.
5. Pour the glaze over the strawberry pie. Chill in refrigerator until completely set.
6. Of course, serve with whipped cream!
share this on »